Hampton Roads Chess Association is a 501(c)(3). Your contributions are tax deductible!
Even if you do not itemize deductions, next year you will be able to write off up to $300 in charitable giving as part of coronavirus relief legislation. HRCA has been able to continue operations online, but we do anticipate a significant loss to our operating revenue this year as a result of cancelled programs and events.
Not everyone has a million dollars laying around to help fund our future vision of opening a chess center. But on a daily basis, as little as $7 can give a kid premium access to an online training account, $10-20 can pay entry fees for a local tournament, and every little bit helps us pay our normal program costs, including awards, rating fees, supplies, coaching, and more.
Donate items! As we begin to transition back to in-person operations, we are in need of supplies that include a future of hybrid classes where kids can choose to attend in person or online. You can purchase items directly for HRCA through our Walmart Gift Registry!
Direct cash donations: If you are not already linked in directly with us and can hand us a check or cash or donate directly to our PayPal address with family and friends option, the best way to donate directly to HRCA is through the PayPal Giving Fund. No fees are deducted.
There are also a few little ways you can send a little money our way without spending any extra money yourself!!!
1. Amazon Smile: Especially now with the lockdown and increase in online shopping, be sure to bookmark Amazon Smile instead of Amazon, and choose Hampton Roads Chess Association as your charity.
Good news! AmazonSmile is now available in the Amazon Shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones. You can use the copy and assets below to share the news with your supporters.
AmazonSmile customers can now support Hampton Roads Chess Association in the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’
Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
2. H&R Block: New clients filing their taxes with H&R Block and reference HRCA, and we will receive a $20 donation!
3. Kroger Community Rewards Program: Link your Kroger rewards card to HRCA, and we will receive a portion of the proceeds from your grocery shopping trips!!! Visit http://www.kroger.com. Once logged into your Kroger account, you can search for Hampton Roads Chess Association either by name or EB619 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
*Customers must have a registered Kroger rewards card account to link to your organization.
*If a member does not yet have a Kroger rewards card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger
REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your organization until after your participants register their rewards card.
Participants must swipe their registered Kroger rewards card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger rewards card when shopping for each purchase to count.
4. Give with Bing. Simply use Bing as your primary search engine with Give Mode turned on. Choose Hampton Roads Chess Association as your non-profit for donations. Every time you search the internet with Bing, HRCA gets a donation!